Updated: Feb 24, 2022
Happy 60+ degree Monday Mid-Am friends and family! Today we had time to sit down with Andrew Meyerhofer Racing for some Q&A. Andrew and his entire family are some of the nicest folks in the pits and accomplishment wise 2021 saw Andrew 3rd in Wilkins Rebuilders Supply Mid-Am Racing Series points and winning the Sportsman title at Slinger Super Speedway!
1. So how did you get your start in racing? - I grew up watching my dad and cousin, Mike. Then when I was 14 I shared a 4 cylinder with my cousin Rachel and raced at 141 speedway.
2. What is your most memorable moment in racing so far? - During this summer at Slinger we had a double file green-white-checkered restart. Pulled off the last-lap pass, which made for a good time watching the fireworks from victory lane.
3. Who was your childhood hero? - I don't know, probably one of the Power Rangers.
4. When drivers are standing around shooting the bull and telling racing stories, what is one of your favorite stories you like to tell or have heard told about someone else? - Nothing really specific comes to mind, but I thought it was cool to hear how years ago drivers would have to race dirt and asphalt to qualify for races later in the weekend.
5. What is your day job? - I am on the Market Intelligence and Advanced Analytics team for Mercury Marine
6. What TV show you are into right now? - Nothing new at the moment, but That 70s show is always my go-to
7. Favorite driver to race against? - Probably Jake Schraufnagel. He's set the bar at Slinger the past few seasons and know it's gonna be clean competitive racing every time we hit the track
8. Favorite track to race at and why - Hawkeye Downs Speedway and Expo Center. I have always done mediocre there until this year. It kind of drives like a big dirt track the way you feel like you're gliding around the corners. 141 Speedway has always been fun too, dirt or asphalt
9. What is your #1 favorite/bucket list race/track? - Not one specifically, but some of those Tennessee dirt tracks look like a blast with their tight turns and extreme banking.
10. Why Mid-Am Racing? - It all started out with getting a good deal on the car. We've stuck with it as we get a little more competitive each year as it's just my dad and I setting up the car for each of the fun tracks on the schedule
Any sponsors or people you would like to thank?
- Of course, I have to thank the following sponsors:
4M Machine Fabel Repair Carstar Automotive Supply ATF Tire Kobussen Trailway Rocky and Tara's Nut Haus MGD Industrial
Also, I have to thank my Dad and Lynn
#racing #race #car #motorsport #cars #iracing #racelife #speed #automotive #carlifestyle #speed #auto #sportscar #instacars #instacar #carspotting #drive #sportscars #carstagram #carinstagram #becauseracecar #racecars #racecardriver #racecarlife #racecarshit #NASCAR #ARCA #Xfinity #campingworld