Happy hump day Mid-Am friends and family! Today we had time to sit down with Timothy Stewart for some Q&A. Tim was new to the Wilkins Rebuilders Supply Mid-Am Racing Series this year and wound up a solid 2nd in points and taking the rookie of the year title.
1. So how did you get your start in racing? - I got started in racing because of my dad mostly. He raced in the late 70's early 80's at Illiana Speedway. Most people don’t know, but after my dad’s 3rd track championship they told my dad to either move up a division or quit. My dad couldn’t afford to go late model so he quit and became the head tech guy. He then proceeded to disqualify most of the guys for cheating, because he knew what they had LOL. I finally started racing in 1997 after a part-time season my cousin walked away from racing, and I continue to do it to this day
2. What is your most memorable moment in racing so far? - I would have to say tying my dad winning 3 championships, Beyond that my absolute most memorable moment is winning my first race after the loss of my father knowing I have the knowledge and ability to do it on my own.
3. Who was your childhood hero? - My parents, I wouldn’t be where I’m at today if it weren't for the two of them.
4. When drivers are standing around shooting the bull and telling racing stories, what is one of your favorite stories you like to tell or have heard told about someone else? - I cannot pick just one story, because they're all great, if it's about racing in these times or if it's stories from 10 or 20 years ago they're all great.
5. What is your day job? - Maintenance foreman for 22 years. I also own my business, lawn care, and snow removal
6. What TV show you are into right now? - Chicago Shows
7. Favorite driver to race against? - Without a doubt Cheryl Hryn
8. Favorite track to race at and why - Rockford Speedway, because you are constantly up on the wheel for however many laps, and you have to manhandle these cars to get around there to be competitive.
9. What is your #1 favorite/bucket list race/track? - Bettenhausen Bristol Motor Speedway
10. Why Mid-Am Racing? - I needed a new challenge. I feel that I had proven myself in street stocks winning 3 championships and a lot of races. Mid-Am is where my dad wanted to get to earlier in my career and we never got that chance. It is fun and exciting to be doing it today and able to race against the competition the Mid-Am Racing Series has.
Any sponsors or people you would like to thank?
I cannot say enough for my mom and all of my crew. Also, have to thank the following sponsors:
Area well and pump T&M Tire Service Social two one nine
#racing #race #car #motorsport #cars #iracing #racelife #speed #automotive #carlifestyle #speed #auto #sportscar #instacars #instacar #carspotting #drive #sportscars #carstagram #carinstagram #becauseracecar #racecars #racecardriver #racecarlife #racecarshit #NASCAR #ARCA #Xfinity #campingworld #Rockford #Illinois #Chicago #Morris #grundy #Milwaukee #savethemile #Milwaukeemile #lacrosse #fest #oktoberfest #festisbest #sycamore #sycamorespeedway #iracing #heylookout #doorbumperclear #hawkeye #hawkeyedowns #heynicebody #fivestar #intercomp #millerwelders #hawk #hawkperformance #hawkpads